Thank you for your interest in applying to the Global Relay Bridge the Gap Fund. Please read through the following Eligibility and Selection Process information before completing the online Application Form. Final Deadline for 2017 intake is Nov 14th, 2016 at 5:00pm PST.
Applications will be accepted from any Canadian Cat 2 or above road cyclist aged 19-25(men), 19-29(women) whose ambition is to turn professional and represent Canada at the international level.
- Our Selection Committee reviews all Athlete Applications. They are subject to the criteria established by the Global Relay Fund Board of Directors. This criteria includes, but is not limited to:
- The applicant’s past results
- The athlete’s potential to earn a living wage racing professionally within 3 years
- The applicant’s financial summary
- The applicant’s attitude and demeanor
- Full completion of the application
- Prior to the announcement of each successful applicant and the distribution of funds, all information provided by the applicants is confirmed.
- Each successful athlete will be notified by phone or email prior to a posting of their name on the Global Relay Fund website.
- The amount of funds distributed for each application is dependent on the amount of money raised through Global Relay Fund fundraisers, public donations, corporate contributions, Global Relay Fund Alumni, Foundations and other donors.